Today is my last day being 20.
It’s bittersweet, because 20 was a fantastic year, though there were hard moments as well. I grieve that I’ll no longer be the wonderful age of 20, but I’ve got to say I’m very much looking forward to the future!
It still feels weird because every year my birthday feels surreal and each year just goes by faster.
Life is l o n g. Life is also short.
Here are 20 things I learned and/or recalled the past year:
- If you have to choose, choose the one that requires more faith in God. You’ll never regret it.
- Sowing holds more value than reaping.
- Get yourself involved as much as possible; when opportunity calls you’ll be right there, waiting 🙂
- Passion can be born out of competence.
- Don’t overextend yourself, rest is important too. 💤
- God does not ever forget your dreams.
- It’s okay if you’re not okay. 😌
- Listen to Mom, she’s always right!
- The more you do it, the better you become.
- Sometimes preserving relationships is more important than the status, the position, the money.
- Don’t leave your valuable items unattended in your car at Fisherman’s Wharf in Downtown San Francisco. 🚗
- God restores. Sometimes in ways unimaginable. Including stolen items.
- Starbucks white hot chocolate is bomb and underrated. ☕
- It’s never too late to discover a new passion.
- Do not ‘wait’ for XYZ. Instead, live the life that He designed for you without expecting; it comes when it comes.
- Love those who are hard to love, just as He loved us first.
- Live life like fear doesn’t exist and faith is the only way.
- Listen. And then listen again. And then continue to listen, before you react.
- Tatte Bakery in Boston has probably the best croissants in the world. 🥐
- Dream on, ya’ll! Not a day goes by wasted; your work is important. Needed. Valued. You can do it. 🙂
Here’s to a very wonderful, wholesome, broken, joyful, sweet year of being 20. Onto 21!
Until next time,